11 Things You Should Remember When Buying and Cooking with Tomatoes
In a modern world where a vegetables like tomato come in all shapes and sizes.
11 guidelines for buying and cooking with tomatoes:
1. It doesn’t matter at all if you choose economy over premium canned tomatoes
- people prefer premium over economy canned tomatoes because they have thinner juice or less sweetness
- easy to solve this is adding puréed tomatoes or a sprinkle sugar.
2. Italian tomatoes tend to have fuller flavors
- one of the tastiest tomatoes are the Italian ones
- that is because the weather and agricultural conditions in central and southern Italy
3. Tomatoes are packed with anticancer lycopene
- it reduce cholesterol levels and ward off heart diseases,
- has antioxidant properties that reduce risk of some types of cancer
- heat the tomatoes in order to unlock the powers of lycopene.
4. Canned chopped tomatoes are best for long simmering
- canned chopped are the best ones
- they are able to retain more texture even after 30 minutes or so of cooking.
5. Canned cherry tomatoes are ideal for making sauces in a snap
- canned cherry tomatoes tend to lose much of their sweet flavor when heated for too long
- use them in recipes that call for short cooking times.
6. When you make thick sauces opt for canned plum tomatoes
- plum tomatoes are perfect if for a thick sauce because they are revered for being fleshier
- they are also good on toast as well as for making salsa.
7. Use passata when serving home-made pizza
- passata is the best option for homemade pizza because is made from tomatoes that are pureed and sieved
- they are also superb for casseroles, chili, soups and sauces
- fresh from the bottle, you may slather passata on pizza dough before throwing in your choice of toppings.
8. Soffritto passata is great for so many dishes
- it is one of the most tastiest passatas in the world with finely chopped onions, garlic, celery and carrots all cooked in olive oil.
Use tomato purée for thickening sauces and casseroles
- they are simply tomato purées, sometimes they can be labeled as “paste” or “concentrate”.
Sun Dried tomatoes are great for vegetable dishes
- great for vegetable dishes because they add more flavor to an assortment to this kinds of dishes
- great for stews, risottos and even bread.
Add Sunkissed tomatoes to salads
- they are simply dried tomatoes and are also known as semi-dried tomatoes
- they are excellent additions to salads, sandwiches and pizza.
Live healthy and amazing …